Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

I love him but I no longer can stand him...

Has anyone else fallen out of love with the father of their child? I will always have a place in my heart for him but he is so rude and disrespectful I can't stand him any longer..... I have been seeing other people and he knows it's over but won't admit it.... He has hurt me in so many ways that I resent him..... I don't know if that makes sense but I was wondering.... how do I go about moving out? We have a car together too but I paid for most of it, both of our names are on the title, how does that work?? I just need to get out and don't know how.... Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Answer Question

Asked by June_Mama09 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

Level 26 (26,054 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I'd seek therapy so you guys can talk this out and come to a resolution

    Answer by Zoeyis at 4:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • Awe, I am so sorry. I f u want out, then you must be free. Of course u need to divide your property, what kind of child support? etc... First, have a talk with him and tell heim u want out, then split everything 50/50... Let me know if I can help.

    Answer by MamaKelly45 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • when i left mine..i just said screw it..let him have everything and left cuz i knew he would bitch and cry over it as a way to hold me back. I didnt want any ties to him. If you really want to get away and be done you should break all ties...if you can get another car pretty easily let him have it..

    Answer by shay1130 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • If you are already seeing other people. I would say you are already moving on. Emotionally if in no other way.

    If you are already seeing other people, no point in living together. Have him move out, or your move out. Living together yet dating other people will only make the situation worse in the long run, develop feelings that don't need to be developed and cause pain that does not need to be caused. If both names on your lease/mortgage then one of you needs to leave, whichever one of you is in the financial position to be able to do so, should be the bigger person and leave. If neither one of you is in a financial position to leave, whichever one of you has an outside support system (friends/family) that can help or you can stay with, should be the one to leave.

    As far as possessions that you have together, an amicable split is for the best. If that can't be done, then court is the best option.

    Answer by pixie_trix at 4:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • If you are not willing to try the counseling thing- then see if you can get a free consult w/ an attorney about the car & any other stuff that may become an issue. It's not easy splitting w/ the father of your kids. Just keep up a good parenting relationship w/ your child & dont put them in the middle or bad mouth the other parent to them. Good luck!

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.