How long should I wait before I call them again?

My AC has been out of commission since Friday. I called the property management first thing Monday morning and was told they would call the owner of the building to see who he wanted to to send out to fix it. But since then it has gotten worse. At first it just wasn't working well and had a layer of ice on the inside. My husband tried changing some of the settings on it to see if he could get it to work better and now it is leaking water but not outside, in my house! Finally I just turned it off so I wouldn't ruin the carpet.But now it is over 100 degrees in my house! And my house stinks because I can't get all the water out of the carpet! I am starting to get really crabby because of the heat and my 2 year old refuses to nap because it is to hot.

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 4:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would call them daily until they fix it. Managers have a bad habit of putting things off until absolutely necessary at times. Or it could be the owner is putting it off. Either way, bug them.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I"d be on the phone right now... they need to fix it ASAP!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, if it's that hot, I would absolutely call again and ask for a "status report". If you continue to not get response, then start being very annoying and demanding about it, calling until they do something about it. You should not have to tolerate being without an AC in temperatures like that.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would every day until I got a definitive answer at least. Squeaky wheels get results faster.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• The squeaky wheel gets greased! Keep being a pain in their butt til they fix it & fix it right! That's what your hard earned money is going for. If you were a homeowner it'd be all on you- so being the landlord- this just comes w/ the territory.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would keep calling until I had been given a specific date and time when the repairman would be coming. Then if he doesn't show up, I'd be on the phone again asking what happened?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Keep calling - every hour if necessary. The landlord is bound by law to ensure the rental is habitable (and in 100 degree heat, I'd say NOT).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• keep calling!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Tell dh to take off the hose and blow it out then add bleach to clean it out. Then call the property manager and tell them to MANAGE and get it done. I'd call every day until it gets fixed. I'd also check my state Tenant Landlord Act and see what it says about how you can handle it if they don't. The coils sound like they need to be cleaned. That's just cruel to let someone suffer like that.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010