Anyone a loner-wannabe like me?

I've had 2 special relationships only. I married a virgin at 20 and we divorced within the year (he started dealing drugs) and then I had a 5-yr relationship that ended because he was not ready for marriage and I was 38 and wanted to have a baby.

Now at 48 I am so used to being alone that I find it impossible to imagine having to compromise or meet in the middle or share time and space with a man for a long time. I love the sex but I have this idea that men don't really want the same woman hanging around forever. They like variety, idk what do yall experienced moms think?

song888

Asked by song888 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe it's an age thing... LOL

Because I'm 47 and to be honest. If something were to happen to my marriage tomorrow. I would never be in another marriage, or long term relationship.. I have no need, no patience, no want nor desire to ever be in one again... lmao

Don't get me wrong. I love my husband dearly.. However. I'm with him because I want to be. Not because I need to be. I have no need for a man/long term relationship really. So, I don't see myself ever having another one (marriage/long term relationship) But I have no desire to go through everything that comes along with a marriage/long term relationship again in this lifetime..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I am NOT a "wannabe". I AM a loner and absolutely love it. I am widowed and just fine with my life as it is. Why waste my time on a relationship with a man who wants to play the field or have more than 1 woman? Nah, I don't compete. Either he is monogomous(sp) (and there are men out there who are faithful) or he is not worthy of me.

Value who YOU are. That is enough. Who knows, that special man might just come along out of the blue.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 4:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i know plenty of women who enjoy being single but not necessarily as a reaction to crappy relationships. try to view it outside of the relationship or no relationship box - enjoy being you and enjoy not having anyone having expectations on you to be anything but that. on the chance that you happen to change your mind, you are bound to end up in a healthier relationship as you will attract someone who wants a strong independent woman... but aside from that really there are no rules that say what's right for everyone and that romantic relationships are necessary... i am not single now but totally loved being single.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2010