Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i find divorce records on someone at no cost

Answer Question

Asked by lilmomma377 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • Contact the county they were married in. =) Often times, they will send that info to you for free. Occasionally there are costs associated with it. You can also see if that specific county has a website online. GL!

    Answer by Glamourina at 4:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • You can not. You would have to go to the county in which the divorce occurred, and obtain a record. Online you can get a record determining that the divorce took place, but no recorded facts or information about the divorce. There is ALWAYS a fee involved, usually for copying and certification.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • Also, for an extra fee they will usually send you a copy of certain case file information, or fax it to you. Like I said, for an extra fee. to obtain a complete copy of my divorce record is over $450 because of all of the information obtained in it.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • It's public record, but with all the agencies being broke like the rest of the country, nothing is free- you have to pay for copies, postage, etc. If you just want to read them, head down to the courhouse. Of course then there's gas, parking- nothing in life is free- except for love! (And sometimes even that'll cost ya- hence the divorce!)

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • *contained
    I hate typos

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • All court records are supposed to be public, So if you know the county of record, you should have no problem getting the information that you want.

    Answer by NannyB. at 4:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • Obby, I am not sure what you're talking about. Click this:

    Now tell me I can't view the documents online for free =)

    Answer by Glamourina at 4:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • As long as the marriage/divorce is recent, you can totally find everything online if the county is online. Some smaller counties are in the process of converting court matters online, so it's only a matter of time before it's available online. However, a good chunk of counties are already on the web so it's a matter of knowing which county you need, and looking it up. Like in Oklahoma, if anyone has been married in the last 10-15 years in OK, I can find them in about 5 minutes. I can also see most if not all of their divorce records as well right at my finger tips, as well as if they've been sued/criminal charges/traffic tickets/etc.

    Answer by Glamourina at 4:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • Oh, and with that link above if you click the documents it will open up it all and then you can save it to your desktop and print it off. Other counties should be the same.


    Answer by Glamourina at 4:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • Contact the County Courthouse that the divorce was filed with.

    Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN