Is $80 to much for a used TV?

I found a TV at a thrift store that I am interested in. Its a Sony, is $80 to much for it? It pretty big.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• A tube tv? Don't waste your money. Those are dinosaurs now!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Personally for me it is hard to say, I would need to know the size, definition, quality. LOL those are some things you might want to check. If it is a good size, upper quality and definition. Google it on line and find out what it is new.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 4:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If its ones of those really fat ones it is a rip off. look on craigslist and see if u can find a better one.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Big T.V. doesn't always mean the screen is worth a hoot. I'd try Freecycle and see if anyone in your area has a free T.V. they are looking to get rid of. I see them all the time in my area. GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It's probably the one with the 50lb weight in the bottom. Sony sucks. I wouldn't pay that for it. You can buy a brand new 32' at Wal Mart for 179.00. I know because I bought one for my sons birthday last weekend.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Depends on how it works. Are they interested in plugging it in and showing you how well it works? Does it still have the original remote and booklet/papers, stuff like that!
    Does it have any dents or scratches? Does the screen coloring look off?
    That's all I can think of...
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• ya for $80 seriously, I'd get it off of QVC.com or HSN.com and make monthly payments on a brand new one.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If it is a rear-projection LCD, do not get it. Most, if not all, Sony rear-projection LCD TVs have or will develop a problem with the optical block, which will show on the screen. Mine was a huge blue blob on one side of the screen. Some are blue dots. My parents' was a green tint to everything. It can be fixed, but it is expensive (over $1000 when we checked) and you will probably have to replace the optical block every few years.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 7:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2010