Another reason to close our borders

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• We have our own crap to deal with. We don't need Mexico's issues too. And where I worked I delt with people from all over the world. I don't have a problem with legally becoming citizen. I have a problem with people taking advantage of the Medicaid/ Medicare system and getting free rides on our tax money. Did you know that don't ask your legal status? You wanna better your life? Do it leagally. I worked with child molesters, rapists, drug cartel, murderers, and woman beaters. We have our own to deal with without taking other countries' useless lumps.
    Oktobre

Answer by Oktobre at 7:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Wait a sec, steph. This happened IN Mexico, 100 miles south of the border. Are you saying that these folks wouldn't have been killed if they hadn't been trying to come to the US? Maybe, but there's a BIGGER issue. MANY of those killed by the cartels are not trying to get anywhere near the US.

NPR's Mexico City Bureau Chief did a riveting five part series on the drug war south of the border earlier this month. Here's a link to part one: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128804488

YES, they need to come legally. But don't mix up the issues here; the real evil was on the part of the drug cartels.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yep..they should be closed at least until the crap is under control..but they should be better protected always.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I think a more accurate headline for the article would be:

Another reason to GUARD or CONTROL our borders ...

And that is actually what most conservatives are meaning when they are accused of being anti-immigrant: they want to control / police / secure the borders so that brutal criminals like this do not terrorize and invade.

Conservatives are not anti-immigration, they are anti-crime and pro-safety.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, this country was founded by immigrants, but you can find the documentation of their arrival. I have a copy of the documentation of several of my ancestors coming to this country in the late 1600's and early 1700's.
    I have NO PROBLEM with people immigrating to this country. But they need to do it LEGALLY.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Immigrants who murdered the natives. I pay taxes and if your gonna live here you need to pay taxes and if you commit a violent crime yu need to go back to your country. I worked with illegal immigrants for two years in a detention facility. Most were violent offenders, and a few were tring to help out their families. Most of them acted like we owed them something and as far as their manners went if you were female you were disrespected from the moment they saw you. So no, I don't believe they need to be here. War and disaster victims yes, and people trying to make their lives better, yes, but just here for the free ride no.
    Oktobre

Answer by Oktobre at 5:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My ancestors were Native Americans and Europeans. Your hard pressed to find a pure blooded Native American now days.
    Oktobre

Answer by Oktobre at 5:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• This country was founded by immigrants.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yep.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Was Jeffrey Dahmer an American? Just asking....

You are generalizing about Mexicans, they are not all brutal murderers!

Protect the borders, YES. But to damn Mexicans for the actions of a few is ridiculous. We all know that the borders should be protected from the bad seeds, that's a duh'.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010