OPK's

Started taking OPK yesterday at CD 12 as I am usually a 29 day cycle in total. It was neg. Took the OPK test again this aft, and it is pos. I am new at all this charting, temperature-taking and OPK's to aid in getting pregnant so my question is, now that it is positive, is it safe to say that we time our intercourse for tonight or tomorrow in order to try to concieve? I have read the insert with the tests and it says to 'have intercourse after 24 hours but before 48 hours' as it is my understanding that the LH surge can happen in the next 1-2 days. Is that correct?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 4:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• yes, you are correct. Tonight would be good and really, tomorrow and the next day as well.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My hubby has low sperm count and we just had intercourse yesterday in the a.m. so we have been advised that every other day may be best, so tomorrow morning then?
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sometimes, I wonder (as it only takes one!) if every day would be okay, if we spaced it out.....like, for ex., each morning for the 3 or 4 days during and up to my ovulation day? We have conceived once before but honestly, we weren't doing any charting and I wasn't keeping track of when or how often we were 'doing it' so who knows how we actually conceived our first?!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If he has a low sperm count, then you need to do every other day. While it only takes 1, the sperm still has to get there. They are fewer and less mobile when you go every day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010