Have you ever ACTUALLY died in your dream?

I have had a lot of dreams where I come close to dying or am at risk of dying, but despite the danger I am able to overcome it. Well, I died this time. I have been having a recurring dream about these killer bugs. They look like modified versions of ear wigs but one pinch will kill you almost instantly. In my dream I am about to be raped at a party, but anotherman steps in and gets the guy off of me then handed me about 10 of these bugs in a small container with an unsecured lid to pour on the man who tried to rape me. One of the bugs started crawling out so I dropped the whole container and ran. They were running everywhere and were much faster than me. One got me on my toe and I actually died in my dream. As soon as I died I woke up. Strange, huh?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 4:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, several times. I've been stabbed, drowned, fallen from a bridge, shot and tarred to death.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yeah, look it up on dreamdictionary.com
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I did once. Someone was chasing me and stabbed me, I died but I awakened really quick. I usually have dreams here I fall and right before I hit the ground I wake up. Freaks me out.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 5:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• nope, i always scare myself awake right before it happens somehow
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• no.dont usually remember my dreams tho. I did deliver someones baby in my dream last night!
    MamaZena

Answer by MamaZena at 5:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have always heard you can't die in your dreams, that why when you "do" or come close to it, you wake up. If you die in your dream, you die in real life.
    I don't know how much truth is behind this...

But I have never died in my dreams. Came VERY VERY close, but I always wake up before I die.

Its pretty scary to have a dream where someone shoots a gun in your face and you watch the bullet come straight for your face and ylu wake up with the image of the bullet inches from your face burned into your brain.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I wouldnt try to interpret it on your own. That is something people get very into and can get very wrong. If you are really concerned about what it means speak to a psychologist. You may even be able to find one on CafeMom. I wonder what would happen in a dream if you die and dont wake up. Then what?
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I had this dream the other night that Robert pattinson was at my parents house and a huge party was in thier back yard with big trucks and fire. That one actress was beating the crap out of Robert and raping him and doing all this wierd stuff like walking on the cieling. I tried to get her out of the house but couldnt and he kept saying he couldnt leave the property or else. It was dark out and I saw a light glowing in the grass it was a cell phone and I couldnt remember the number for the police! 911 just gave me some crazy old lady who cackled. He ended up dieing because no one at the party knew the number they kept saying 911! Then I woke up.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010