Where is a good place to find wall art?

Our walls need some decoration, are there any good places to go to look specifically for that?

JenEliBella

Asked by JenEliBella at 2:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I look at a lot of junktique/used stuff shops for stuff like that.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Absolutely! Look at Goodwill, Salvation Army, any thrift store has tons of nice wall art, some very reasonably price. You might have to look till you find what you like, but you sure won't pay hefty prices.
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 2:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Depends on what room you want it for. i like target and kirklands (SP) pottery barn is great too, just depending on what style is.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I'm a cheap person, so I automatically hit goodwill and all those first, including yard sales. If I still can't find what I am looking for, I'll look at discount places like Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc. Then I hit place like Kmart and Target. Kmart often gets in shippers with cheap but nice art.

You could also try posting this is Design on a Dime Moms or DIY ReDesign group. I'm sure you'll get lots of great answers there.
    jennmarie77

Answer by jennmarie77 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• HOBBY LOBBY!!! I love that store! watch the sale adds you can get alot 50% off. They also have cupons on their website.
    Moe2

Answer by Moe2 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I've posted some good wall art finds on CafeMom's Home & Garden Buzz. More to come!

Cafe Sheri

Answer by Cafe Sheri at 11:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Gordman's, Burlington Coat Factory and Kirklands. And online I like artselect.com. I have ordered a couple of pieces from them and they are well-framed quality pieces.
    Sarvin4

Answer by Sarvin4 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I just was dealing with the same issue, our goodwill and thriftstores around here arnt that great for that kind of stuff. (really small community) So I got a couple of inexpesive canvas @ walmart. $3 for a pack of three. found some simple designs on the net and traces them to the canvas. Got some inexpesive paint $2 a bottle. Now everyone asks me were I got them. It took me a couple of days (taking care of kids) but I have bright vibrant pictures on my wall that fit my taste. for only $7
    gavrilmom

Answer by gavrilmom at 10:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Yes check out www.FramedArt-To-Go.com
    They have really nice framed art at low prices and they have a great sale going on right now – 25% off and free shipping ... perfect for Christmas :) !!
    NewMomZC

Answer by NewMomZC at 5:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• you can always find a cheap canvas art piece at goodwill, prime it and then create your own work of art!
    PoodlePower

Answer by PoodlePower at 10:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2009