I have the flu should I stop nursing til Im better?

wendy561

Asked by wendy561 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NOOO!!!!! Your baby is likely to catch it from you anyways, whether you're nursing or not. He won't get it from your milk, but from you breathing on him. Once your body has produced antibodies to fight it off, he will get those antibodies through your milk, to help him fight it off if he does catch it.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• No!! You should keep nursing. Your baby will get your antibodies, not your cold. The baby would get sick from your breathing on him/her. Plus, your milk would likely dry up if you went that long without nursing.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• As far as I know a flu is infectious 2-3 days before you even really get it. So if you have it now its probably too late anyway. But of course it would probably be better, depends on your child.

My little one was sick only once since she was born (15months old now), so she is not really sensitive.

But the be really sure you should maybe ask your doctor.

hope u get better soon.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• No, your body will filter all that befor your baby gets it... In fact all the anti-bodies from you will help them to stay healthy

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2008