Which one do you do 1st for Laundry Soap?

Do you put it in before adding the clothes or after adding the clothes and do you think it makes a difference on your wash?
We were debating this at work today.

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Start water, put in soap. Then slowly add clothes.
    Yes I do think it matters. This way, it mixes up as the water pours in. It is really important if you use dry detergent so that you don't have undissolved bits left on your clothes.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• put detergent in 1st so it dilutes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I put my clothes in first...
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 5:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• dont think it makes a difference but i'm just in the habit of putting the clothes in 1st, setting the washer setting and then adding the detergent. Always works fine
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• The washer says put the detergent in first and let the machine agitate for a minute to get it all blended. I do think that this is the better way, but I have always put the clothes in while the machine is filling and then dump the detergent on them. I'm satisfied with the laundry.

Answer by Bmat at 5:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If you are using a top loader, add the clothes, start the water, and then put the detergent into the water stream.
    If you are using a front loader, put clothes, pull out the detergent tray, add detergent, push tray in, start washer.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I put my detergent in first. Mostly because that's what the instructions on my machine told me to do. But I do think it works better that way. Especially with powder detergents. I always had lumps with powder if I put the clothes in before the detergent.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• water, detergent, clothes. Soap distributes more quickly and evenly this way.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i add the soap, fill with water, ocne the water is filled, THEN i add the clothes...i do think it makes a difference...but i do that, just because thats how my momma taught me :) and mommas know best!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I put in detergent while the water is filling the washer. Then I add the clothes. Adding the detergent afterward always caused spots or when I used powder detergent it got in creases and made a mess. Many detergents tell you not to add it to the clothes but to add it to the water then add the clothes. So I do.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010