Have you ever bought furniture off the internet?

we're thinking about ordering our baby furniture online... just wondering if anyone would want to share their experience... was it good, bad, ok?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 5:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Shopping

• I bought media storage shelves and end tables. They are nice.

Answer by Bmat at 5:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I bought my couch online. Just check out the manufacturer and their guarantees. If there is a baby furniture store nearby go see and feel the quality of that company's furniture then buy it cheaper online. I was happy with my couch

Answer by admckenzie at 5:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes! I bought my crib online (I wish I could remember the site) and it was great. I bought the rest of my baby furniture on ebay (from someone local - we picked it up) and got a fantastic deal on 5 antique pieces that we just had to refinish. We ordered an entertainment center from Overstock just last month and had a great experience. I think the key is to price shop, but also look at shipping and reviews of the pieces you are buying and reviews of the site. Poorly made furniture and lax customer service won't make up for a good deal. Good luck!
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 5:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yeah actually we bought some bookcases that were all the primary colors for our little boys. Still got em.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I bought baby furniture form JC Penny online. I kept the crib but took back the changing table and the dresser because they were made of pressboard and were total crap.

If I were to do it again I would want to see it first then buy it.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 5:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I ordered my son's baby furniture online from Sears, but we picked it up in store.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Oh, the experience of ordering was good. However getting the items itself was a pain. They were not at the store when they were supposed to be. As a matter of fact, I believe they misplaced the order (luckily I printed out a receipt). Fortunately, I had ordered it months before his due date so we received it in plenty of time.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I bought 3 end tables that we now use as stools because they were too short for what I wanted!
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• We bought my DS bunk-bed online had no problems and the item is high quality.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• sure I buy wood pieces from ebay, overstock, JCpenney all the time. Never any problems. I wouldn't buy a couch online only because I want to sit n it and see if its comfy
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010