Do you ever wonder why some moms on here have to answer with rudeness or sarcasm? Why can't the advice being requested for just be simple and polite?

For instance when a question is asked about a man and the response is "he's capable of doing things on his own" or "he's a big boy", then there is the "kick his ass to the curb" better yet "tell him to get off his lazy ass"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I understand where you are coming from. It seems as though some people come here to bash others to make themselves feel better or some other weird high. There are definatelt certain ways to answer a question and sometimes my initial instinct is to be like that is stupid! Or something similarly rude. But I'm a mature adult annd realize that may come off to be harsh especially if its a sensitive question, which some people do not take the time to comprehend. Try not to take things too personal around here, or when asking a question just be sure to use a disclaimer *no bashing please* that seems to help weed out the negative nancys
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Because sometimes the question warrants that type of answer.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Well that's our advice. If you don't like it go else where. There are usually reasons why we say kick him to the curb or tell him to get off his lazy ass. Don't know what post you're talking about to I can't say why others said that.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I don't think it is rude if the situation warrants such remarks.. I think you are asking for others opinions and with that you will get the ones that seem rude but are the most helpful, it helps to open the OP's eyes. Some men do need to get off their lazy asses, and yes they are grown and should be able to do most things alone. We as women tend to treat them like kids and do everything for them until it is no longer cute that she does everything and now wants his behavior that she started (for the most part) to now change. KWIM, so it really depends on the situation and the relationship..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have read many questions that make me wonder more about the woman typing them than the issue at hand. I think if they got themselves into THAT situation any real advice would be like talking into the wind.

I have to agree with butterflyblue.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I think those answers are the best because they are honest and you are hearing exactly what the woman would have said if you had asked for her thoughts in person. If people have said that to a question about your man it probably would be best for him to "get off his lazy ass."

Lieing to protect someones feelings or beating around the bush with an issue helps no one. The first 2 are no where near rude and the second 2 (while they COULD be phrased more politely) are honest answers. Adult and Teen men are big boys who are capable of doing things on thier own. The only issue is if an answer attacks you personally or your beliefs personally.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• don't ask questions if you don't want honest answers... maybe I would take this a little more seriously if you had asked the question with your actual name...
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 5:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• because thats the truth. No I don't have to buy his clothes for him. He's been buying his clothes and taking care of himself since he was 16. I have a very independent DH who doesn't need me to cater to him. It wasn't snarky, it was honest.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Zoeyis

Isn't it our duty as wives to sometimes shop for our husbands? If I'm going to the store anyways to pick up clothes why can't I get him some. It's not that some husbands are lazy it's just they work and don't have the time to go shopping.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My personal opinion some questions deserve those type of answers. I agree with Zoeyis mommy, some of us are just honest and some do not know how to handle response so they just say it is rude, really if someone doesn't want an honest answer do not ask the question.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 5:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2010