Is discipline a one size fits all type of thing in your house?

My DD5 and DS3 are very different people and respond to different things, are your kids like this? Do you discipline each differently?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 5:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• my kids all get talked to differently, and are punished differently. i have two that just need a stern voice and serious eyes...then i have two that try me each and every day : )
    i have a baby, and so far she is the easiest baby i have ever had, i can't wait to find out how she is as a toddler!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No, I have 3 boys, ages 18, 21 & 27, and they were all very different. Different things worked with each of them. To some degree it's trial and error.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• no, every one responds to things differently
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have many different "discipline" tools that I use to fit the situation. The situation may be more important than the child. I don't use punishment.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• the rules are the same...but my little guys needs to get handled very softly or he emotionally crumbles (he also does it if someone sings slow..any song..even itsy bitsy spider). And when your baby is born with cancer and survives and still needs a kidney transplant...you just mother them different....adulthood is not a promised thing...everyday is a gift!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 5:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• trial and error so, it's up to you. think about the kids ages
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It is totally different. They are three different personalities and respond to different for forms of discipline so we punish in different ways for each of them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My kids are 11 and 1. The 11 year old has autism and the 1 year old is neurotypical
    The rules are different and so is the discipline.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• We have the same general rules for all the kids, but you're right - their currencies are different. I'll take away video games for the older boys, ground my DD from going to friends houses, if I had the same consequences for every child it wouldn't work for us. (My DD could care less about video games!)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• we disapline our diffrently our son is only 1 year old 13 months and right now he gets put in time out if hes bad for 1 min ...my stepdaughter who is 15 ...she just gets talked to now shes old enough to understand most of what shes doing wrong .
    babie113

Answer by babie113 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2010