How do I phrase nicely with a rhyme, no wrapping or clear cellophane only!

I am throwing a baby shower and the mom-to-be doesn't want to spend time unwrapping gifts, she finds it boring to watch. She only wants either a bow or clear wrapping or nothing, so the process is faster and easier. Any suggestion on phrasing for the invites?

Mrsgoober

Asked by Mrsgoober at 5:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she's in charge of her own party? wow. I thought others threw it FOR her.

anyways... I'd tell em flat out, no wrapping paper please, just clear cellophane or bows only.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Hmmm. I'm torn between asking people not to wrap gifts as being rude to someone who was nice enough to think of you,and understanding the mess all the paper makes.
    Maybe "Mom request gifts put into gift bags please" maybe?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Honestly, I can't imagine a tactful way to put that. She may think it's boring, but people like to wrap gifts so they can see her enjoy them individually as she opens them.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 5:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• ya that is dumb both mine were thrown for me I didnt get a say...and the whole fun is unwrapping...unless yur playing the game "the night I conceived" then its bad for the mom to be lmao
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes it seems a little rude to me as the last poster said. She is getting gift she should just suck it up and appreciate the fact that people care enough to get her anything. I have a stock of wrapping and bags if those did not work for someone I was buying a gift for then I guess that they would not be getting a gift from me. With that said I understand that it is not you opinion or wish but if she were my friend I would tell her to suck it up and be grateful.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Mom-to-be would like all guests to know, please give all gifts with clear wrap or a bow
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Like a newborn baby, we like gifts in the buff,
    A bow on top is sufficient enough!
    So if you choose to bring a gift for the Mommy to be
    Please skip the wrapping while saving a tree!

jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 5:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I actually think that is really rude. She doesnt want to have to bother opening gifts. People are giving her free things and she cant even take a few extra seconds to take some paper off!!? I would leave it out and if she wants to have a fit about some wrapping paper then have one of the kids help her open them. Kids like that.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• P.s....thats not rude at all. My baby shower was HUGE and it was pure torture unwrapping gifts for HOURS when I was huge, hot, and would rather socialize with every one. People didnt just sit around and watch either, you could tell they were getting bored too....
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 5:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Love jenelle's idea. If you must put something...put that!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2010