Interesting...... What do you think?

I thought this was thought provoking...

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It is just part of history in the same way that The English, French and Dutch also engaged in piracy earlier , particularly against Spanish interests. Despite Jefferson's interest in the Koran, I don't think religion had anything to do with it though it can always be used as an excuse for greed, power and the destructive ambitions of psychopaths.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• That was published in January 2007. I read about it then. Ellison is from my home state. He is a good guy and very intelligent.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I find anything that calls the Quran the "Muslim book of jihad" highly suspect... Especially given the content of some of their other articles (the Obama Christian/Muslim one in particular)...

As well, are we forgetting our own hands in slavery? We did the same thing, abducting Africans to be used as slaves, many of whom were subjected to the sexual whims of their masters.

Although, I've never seen anything like this in all my reading. I'm not denying that Muslims were ever responsible for this, or that this never happened, but its something I've never come across before, so I'm not sure which parts are true and which are not. I'd have to go and do some digging, but honestly, given the apparent bias of the site, I'm not really inclined to....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Muslim book of Jihad...lol

I do not find it interesting. I find it someone's uninformed and shallow opinion.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It's a very unPC truth, and most people here will blow it off, discount it, or claim it is bigoted. Those who won't learn from history are doomed to repeat it ~ and it looks like there are a LOT of people in the US that are going to need a much louder wakeup call. They started in 1979 and continued until 9-11 and most people are still hitting the snooze button and going back to sleep. Those who are awake are wide awake and dealing with grumpy snoozy people who are too wrapped up in their own lives ~ and learn their history from biased news media.

I honestly don't expect the snoozy bunch to last the first 6 months of any real hardship on US soil. Whether it comes as a natural disaster (if Katrina gives any indication they won't last a month) or a war, a lot of people will perish. If the new name for the US ends up being the People's Republic of Stupid I won't be surprised ... only sad.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I am hesitant to believe anything when I see it only once, and no references are provided. Critical thinking requires that I see for myself if it is true. I would have to see this information from more than one credible source.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Way back when I want to school, they use to teach this in history class.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:35 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Iamgr8teful ~ I don't know how to make them clicky but ~

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/jefferson_papers/mtjprece.html

http://hnn.us/articles/287.html

even Snopes http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/jefferson.asp
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:16 AM on Aug. 26, 2010