I have a Phobia of.....

Alright im just needing to vent and hopefully can get some good feedback!
Here goes...ever since I can remember I have had a phobia of "throwin-up" and seeing people throw-up! I get to where my heart starts racing I get very shaky, I pace back and forth not knowing what to do....I never thought ide feel the same way when I experienced it with my own babies...my daughter is 19 months and had her very first sickness and was throwing up...I acted the same exact way...I have had the same symptoms and i havent wanted to eat for the past 3 days and Im just basically have anxiety! I guess another thing too is that im scared "I" will get the sickness and then soo scared to throw-up my self! I have only experienced throwing-up 2 times in my life when I was very young and now im 24!......... I feel bad as a mom that I cant be there for them when they get sick like that......

v_serenil

Asked by v_serenil at 5:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• throwing up is gross
    once my whole family had the flu
    and i got to clean it all up
    doing laundry I could not stop dry heaving

you can do it, sounds like you have, you just do not have to like it, and YES you can dry heave when your are throwingup
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I've heard of people having that kind of fear and reaction. Can you talk to your doctor about it? Is there any other things that cause you to have anxiety like that? If so, maybe you should take some type of medication.
    Also, maybe you can teach yourself some calming techniques to help you through it.
    When your kids are sick..they really need thier mommys at that time and you don't want to frighten them too. I know you probably already know that, lol. I just had to say it.
    When it happens, try to take deep breaths and focus on somthing to calm you down.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010