Q for SAHM's

When you'tre home all day and surrounded by food how do you keep from over eating??? I usually am very healthy but since staying home I eat constantly and not bc i'm hungry just bc it's there I guess?? Does anyone else do this? How can I stop?

GIRmom

Asked by GIRmom at 2:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• gum.. its like trying to quit smoking, when you get a craving for a snack snack on a oiece of gum, and thats only 5 calories.. biggest loser tip lol
    SLVN_Jen

Answer by SLVN_Jen at 2:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• oh and it works for me
    SLVN_Jen

• I stay busy... I have a home business and two small boys... Plus the laundry and the housework... It never ends. I don't have time to eat!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I do clean but when thats done idk,.. he's only 8 wks so he still does sleep alot
    GIRmom

Answer by GIRmom at 2:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• yep i use to do that to. but now i smoke..but when i do feel like i need to eat and i know i am not hungrey, i just do my dishes, or go fold laundry or i find something that can be organized or cleaned. Your house will be spotless then.
    mybabychunk

Answer by mybabychunk at 2:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• That and keep premade healthy snacks around. When you get home from the grocery store, put grapes into a the snack size ziploc style bags, makes carrot sticks and keep them in tupperware. Maybe if you are snacking on healthy stuff you won't be as concerned about the snacking. Or try those 100 calorie pack things. I will wait for 20 minutes of doing something constructive or something that requires attention and then see if I still want to eat. If I do, then I eat. If I not, I ban myself from the kitchen!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I never have any time to eat. But then, I have two overactive toddlers.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I'm a SAHM but I have a few businesses I work from home. So I am pretty busy. My worst time is at night. I use gum, or hard candy. I always have to have something in my mouth...lol
    Another thing I eat is pretzels. I agree with Mom1Stepmom1- I keep apples, bananas, grapes, carrots, colliflower and other things already cut up and in the fridge. I can then just grab and go.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Are you breastfeeding? If you are, that may explain it. Breastfeeders should intake 500 more calories a day. They just have to be a bit more intentional about making them healthy ones. My husband and I shopped for easy-to-grab healthy snacks for me to reach for when I got hungry.
    schwoody

Answer by schwoody at 5:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2008