How do you let your boss know that you would like to go full time

I have been at my job now for a while. I really enjoy what I do. When i applied for the job it was for part time. I would really like to let my boss know that if the opportunity ever were to arrise i would like to be considered for a full time position. I am at a point that i could go full time and the benefits would help us out a lot. How do i go about letting my boss know that i would like to go full time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• have you tryed talking to your boss?

just a thought
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You simply go tell him. Let him/her know that you would like to discuss your employment and find out when is a good time. You go in and let them know how impressed you are with the company, the product, the employees (what ever fits) and let him/her know you would like to be considered for a full time position.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 6:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm all for being up front and saying so. "I really like what I'm doing here, I think I'm a good fit in the company and when a full time position becomes available I'd like to be considered for it."

Remember that in a sales pitch you focus on what YOU can do for the COMPANY. Not what the company can do for you.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• When you see him ...say..."when u get a minute, i would like to talk to u about something" ... and when he finds the time to talk to u...tell him jus as you told us....that you enjoy working there...and u was wondering if he can give you a full time positon... that away if he doesnt have any available at the moment...you would b first in line when 1 do become available...GL
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 6:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I've been "the boss" a few times and I always just preferred it when people were up front and direct and didn't go on and on. Just tell him/her that you really enjoy your job and the company and would like to know if you would be able to work full time. Stop and wait for an answer, don't keep talking because your nervous. Sometimes it goes downhill from there. Whatever the answer, be friendly and thankful.
    SherryL

Answer by SherryL at 7:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Be direct. Write a proposal to present to your boss. Include what you have accomplished to date, and how a full time position would benefit the company.

Let me know if you need someone to bounce ideas off of.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010