I'm going back to work.. what should I do for child care?????

i have a four and a half month old and im ready to go back to work... should I find a day care (small city not crazies) or should I hire somene to be in my home???

SLVN_Jen

Asked by SLVN_Jen at 2:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• girl to be honest i would try getting someone you are familiar with and that you know will take exacllent care of your lil one. i not putting my baby in day care til she can talk cause i scare of someone hurting her. because more and more reports of these day cares not watching the kids, mitreating them, or leaving them unattended in unsafe areas. its up to you. i bout to start working agian as well my babygirl is 11 weeks today and i leaving her with my mother on some days and my husband when he is off on other days. it may not be easy to find relatives that are free to keep her/him but girl just be careful.
    babygirlrakayah

Answer by babygirlrakayah at 3:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think it depends more on the specific provider. There are some really lousy daycares and some very bad in-home situations. I would interview some of each and see what seemed like the best situation for your child. Get a nanny-cam if you do an in-home situation.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It's best if it's someone you know, I personally could never leave my kids with someone I didn't know. Do you know any SAHM's that wouldn't mind caring for an extra baby for some extra money? Just because they're not advertising, doesn't mean they're not interested. I would suggest calling any SAHM's that you know and trust.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• letting someone you dont know in your home is always hard and leaveing your kid with them is even harder if i were you i would go with a day care its much safer and theres more people to care for your kid plus others for your kid to play with.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 2:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• update..... i dont have anyone i know available... so not an op[ton
    SLVN_Jen

Answer by SLVN_Jen at 3:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I went through the same thing when I had to go back to work! I didn't have the money for in home care, and felt a bit weird about leaving her at someone's house I didn't really know. I went to 4 daycares before I found one I liked (Some were awful- smelled like urine, dirty, I didn't feel comfortable when I looked around). The daycare I found has lesson plans, art, and music even for little babies! She has now been there for 5 months, and she gets excited when she sees her daycare teacher! Best of luck to you- I hope you find a wonderful place like I did!
    loretta0709

Answer by loretta0709 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Go to childcareaware.org
    It's a great site with lots of information . On the right, there's a small box that says Child care connector. type in you zip and you'll find a resource center near you. You can call them and they can get you a list of licenced care centers- in home or center- or both that have openings. they will send you the lists and some other information.

I, myself, prefer in-home licenced providers to centers. Not only are they less expensive, but I think it's much more like a family setting.

Make sure you ask lots of questions and are comfortable with who you use. Good luck.
    kittynala

Answer by kittynala at 3:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2008