What does having your membranes stripped feel like?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Slight tinge of pain that's quick. You might be a little tender afterwards, but nothing that'll prevent you from doing anything.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Mine hurt for me... for me child birth was easier.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 6:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• For me it felt like getting your insides ripped out...Some say it doesn't hurt at all
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• personally i didnt think it felt that bad and it just caused a bit of mild cramping.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If they do it correctly it hurts like HELL.
    BUT... I went into labor 24 hours afterwards both times!
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 6:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i had mine done 2 times with my youngest. the first time i didn't even realize she did it until she told me lol. the second time i guess you could say it felt like a little pop, like someone flicked you. i have heard some say it does hurt but mine didn't.
    the.lilangel

Answer by the.lilangel at 6:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Bahahaha...I like this question! With my daughter a male Doc did it and it was a bit uncomfy. When I had my son a month ago, a female did it and it hurt like HELL! She seriously put her whole arm in and reemed! I suppose if it helps, let them do it! But I'll tell you, its not comfy! But dont be too scared of that part...you're about to have a watermelon come out of their! But its ALL worth it!! And then you can have fun stories to tell later:)
    bb2ontheway

Answer by bb2ontheway at 8:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• For me it hurt pretty bad, it did cause contractions but they never lead to anything worth it, I still had to be induced days later
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 9:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010