What do you do with your 6 month old during the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would put my son in his stroller or highchair & wheel him around with me if he was in one of those "don't walk out of the room, mommy!" kind of moods (which is pretty much all the time! haha). My kiddo LOVES the tv--- Wonder Pets, Go Diego Go, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are his favorites & he'll usually sit or lay in the floor & watch that while I do dishes or anything like that. We go sit outside on the porch when the weather is nice, or we walk out in the yard for a few minutes to check the mail or something. I don't have a car, and my husband is always using his truck, so "field trips" aren't an option. If I DID, however, we would go for playdates or go have lunch with a friend on occasion!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 2:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• When my son was six months old i had a swing that was big enough for him and something that had a weight limit that was for his weight class. When he didnt want to swing i would hold him in the baby carrier that held him to my chest. I found that dishes was a no no with the carrier but if you can pick up things with your feet you can clean anything with the carrier. Other than that i let him lay on his belly on a blanket in the living room floor right in front of me while i wanted to watch a show and just keep an eye on him while watching the show granted you miss some key points in the show but you get to sit without a baby and you also get to relax for a little while give them a soft rattle when they are on their backs. The carrier is also a good way to exercise if you bend over to clean with the front carrier and hold your child with one hand so they dont fall out of the carrier.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 2:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Floor Floor Floor- the best way for your baby to grow mentally and physically. Give your baby a safe area to roll, crawl, wiggle. Set out a big blanket, put down some fave rattles, balls, teething toys.. let em at it!!! My little girl is just under 7 months and rolls, crawls and now pulls herself up to a standing position. I really believe freedom of movement is beneficial to their growth. If your little one is a good mover, set out a big blanket, and grab a big bunch of pillows to set up a border for him to stay within. I also have two floor mats with dangling toys- beware though, they are pricey and baby will lose interest fast. Have fun!
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 2:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2008