fact or old wives tale?

My 3 month old loves when i stand him up and he bounces himself and he already uses his legs to scoot around on the floor but someone told me that if babies use their legs to much to soon they can end up bow legged. so i was just wondering if anyone knows if this is true or what your thoughts are about it.

samuelsmom936

Asked by samuelsmom936 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not true

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Ive never heard that, if kids don't get used to thier legs how will they learn to crawl etc?
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 6:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• my son loved that at 3 months too, and he's not bow legged...wives tale i'd guess. never heard of it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Old wives' tale.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 6:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• not true thats some my little one scooted then walked and some one told me i have to make him crawl or he will have speech probles people are to much some times! you fine you will just have a early walker!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 6:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• myth
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Not true.
    I guess if he had rickets he would have bowed legs. But that would be very rare.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• that is a common old wives tale if you look on web md it will tell you all children are born with bowed legs and as they grow it gets better .some children stay that way till they are in there teens .some dont .but it has nothing to do with balencing a young baby on its legs before it can walk lol
    babie113

Answer by babie113 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• They used to tell me this all the time. But my son is 16 months old and he hasn't had any problems. let him go for it!!!
    camsmom415

Answer by camsmom415 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Heard it but don't believe it
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010