Looking for answers not bashing! adult content

we had a misscarrage over the weekend and hospital didnt tell me to much does any one know when or if its safe to have sex, also they didnt give me any kind of birth controll can you get pregnate after or not since they didint give me anything and if so is it safe were not trying but if we do get pregnate will i misscarry again! i cant find any info that can answer my questions and the doctor hasnt called back

saadamarie

Asked by saadamarie at 6:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd say in 4-6 weeks,just like if you carried to term. You need to heal.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• sex can resume after the bleeding stops.

yes, if you have unprotected sex you can get pregnant. so if you're not wanting to you'll want to get on something or use condoms.

there's no way of knowing if you'd miscarry again
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• So sorry mama. how far along were you?

Sex should generally be ok, I believe. If you want to try again wait at least one cycle.

There is no guarantee you will or won't miscarry again. Lots of women go on to have healthy pregnancies.

If you are worried about birth control, try condoms, or make an appointment
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i mean like some people concieve just weeks after can i guess you insides be strong enought i dont know just lots of questions thank you since i have no idea what to do or even expect!
    saadamarie

Comment by saadamarie (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I think it depends on whether you needed to have a dnc or not. Just call the hospital and ask.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You should use condoms until you're ready to conceive again, let yourself heal emotionally. As long as the bleeding has completly stopped you can have sex, If you are bleeding you could catch an infection. Sorry for your loss x
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 6:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Most doctors will tell you to give your body 3 cycles or 3 months to recuperate before ttc again. You can get pregnant again before that, but you have higher chances of a subsequent miscarriage. As for sex I think it's similar to after birth, 4-6wks. When I had my miscarriage I was so hearbroken I wanted that pregnancy back so badly I didn't care what the drs said and we ttc again right away, well in the end it took 3 cycles to get pregnant again anyway, I think it truly takes about that long to be healthy and ready to nourish another pregnancy.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 6:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It really depends on how far along you were how long you need to wait for sex your cervix may need to close, you don't want to introduce an infection, as for trying again....I had several miscarriages in the first few weeks of pregnancy, and my doctor said to wait at least 3 months, but preferably 6 months before trying again.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• no D&C it was all natural and i was only 7 weeks!
    saadamarie

Comment by saadamarie (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• PREGNANT.....
    MISCARRY.....

just a little heads up here.
    ASK your Doctor about these issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010