Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

will going to a counciler help?

solve some issues that i have for many reasons. but i dont trust easily so how do you trust someone that you dont know with information that needs to be relived?

Answer Question

Asked by shortstuff69 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Health

Level 9 (359 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • It certainly can't hurt! You are obviously still bothered by these issues- so why not talk to a professional who can best help you deal with them? Try it.

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • They see / hear the worst of everyone's problems.
    Who would you tell your closest friend to go discuss personal problems with.
    If it is better for you a pastor or clergy professional can offer equal or similar support.
    Counselors aren't out to hurt you, because they know you will get better.
    I asked my counselors who they turn to for problem solving, they say other counselors and clergy.

    Answer by coffeeyum at 6:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • You know that they provide a service and that they are there to help you and not tell your business. Try to relax during the session and if you dont like dont go back but remember they are there to help

    Answer by mekarevell at 10:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • maybe

    Answer by regian19832002 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.