Can you take a 3 week old baby outside for a walk in a stroller? I'm going crazy inside!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ya just make sure she is dressed for the weather. I did at one week and my baby is fine.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 2:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Absolutely! Why wouldn't you be able to? Just be sure to protect their skin from the sun, it is very fragile right now.

Happy Walking Mamma!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Sure, why couldn't you? Just make sure the little one is dressed for the weather and bundled up if its chilly. If it is cooler just try and keep the cool air from blowing on her and keep her ears covered up. Just because you have a baby doesn't mean you're confined to the house and can't still live :-)
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Ha, I took my newborn to the grocery store on the way home from the hospital..30 years ago....! Yes a walk with some fresh air will do you both a world of good. Keep her skin protected as mentioned and the wind off her face, as also mentioned.
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 2:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• We stopped at walmart on the way home from the hospital and like every other day I was taking my baby to outings to walmart and the mall to get out! It is a necessity for you when they are this young. Just make sure you don't let anyone get too close as it is easy for them to get sick this little...
    dlwsbjmknox

Answer by dlwsbjmknox at 2:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Sure you can!! Just dress for the weather and make sure she's strapped in properly and comfortable!! My 3rd child was 2weeks old when we went to the Twin Cities and shopped in the Mall of America and then had a wedding to attend and what not!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Of course you can!
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yep, I walked every day with mine, I hate having to be in the house all the time
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Oh yea. Just make sure you dress him appropriate for the weather. My son, since he was born, has loved to go outside. It's the only thing to shut him up when he has a tantrum.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 3:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yes!!! I took my 2 week old out, he was asleep the whole time, but seemed to enjoy his rest!
    take him in the late afternoon when its cool but not cold and the sun isnt beating down
    Anonymous