Has anyone had a csection scheduled and went into labor?

if so what did you do did you end up having the csection? this is my 2nd child and im scheduled the 24th i dont think i will but just wondering what happens if im in labor before the 39th week

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This didn't happen to me... Happen to my friend.... She had her scheduled the 23th of this month and had her son on the 14th... She did end up with a c-section.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 7:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i was the opposite..i was scheduled to be induced on a tues. went into labor monday night (15 hours) then had to have an emergency c section right as i was feeling the urge to push
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I didn't have a scheduled one but went into labor, they still did the c-section I was planning on anyways. If you do go into labor get to the hospital as quick as you can, if the baby starts descending into the birth canal they can't to the c-section.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i had the same thing happen with my first i was scheduled for induction on monday went in labor sunday and ended up w an emergency c section, i should be okay with the birth canal part, bc my cervix doesnt open lol not even after 21 hrs of hard labor and bc of mc's theres been a pattern of where i shouldnt have need a dnc bc i was early in my pregnancy but did bc i also didnt dialte then either. if she were to come quickly and safely i wouldnt be against natural labor. im just ready to get the csection out of the way haha
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• A friend of mine was scheduled for a c-section last week but went into labor two days before and was able to have a VBAC. She had planned a VBAC but her doctor didn't want her going past 41 weeks if she was going to have a vaginal birth, so she would have had a repeat c-section if she hadn't gone into labor before then. (No solid medical reason for that, but whatever.) Another friend was scheduled for one due to breech presentation but went into labor before then. She did still have a c-section because the baby was still breech.

It really depends on the reasons for the c-section. If it's a scheduled repeat cesarean at a hospital that doesn't do VBACs, you're pretty much going to have to show up pushing or they'll still cut you. Unfortunately they also tend to do them for "big babies" even though most people do not grow babies too big to birth naturally and ultrasounds are wrong on size all the time, bad practice IMO.
    CrunchyCon

Answer by CrunchyCon at 7:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It happened to me, my water broke, I started to have painful contractions and when I went to the hospital another woman was having a c-section, so I had to wait more than one hour to get the surgery, with useless painful contractions.
    shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I was scheduled for a csection on July 9 at 10:30. I woke up that morning in labor and went ahead to the hospital, they moved up the csection, and my water broke as I was on the operating table getting my spinal. Had I gone into labor early, they would have gone ahead and done an emergency csection.

Answer by missanc at 7:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• shinging that sounds horrible, that was how it was w my son, water broke contractions were 2 minutes apart afte rthe first 11 hrs and did that for another 10 hrs so yea felt pointless.Cruncy my dr said the only way id have a vbac is if i dialate easy like a normal person lol but i normally dont, so yea ill probably end up w a cesection, i just wondered how often it happened going into labor before the date, anything before 39 wks scares me bc the fluid not being squeezed out of the lungs and all plus being a little eary, but it sounds like this happens to a lot of ppl
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• so was at an emergency bc you were already in labor? someone posted on another thing here that csections when youre in labor are harder to preform bc of the contractions anyone else heard of that i guess it makes sense and ive had on like that before jw though
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• it happened to me in 08..cause my doc went on vact..an forgot to he had scheduled my c-section on the 2 of May..i went up to the hosp to find out he was on vact..ok so they reschedule again for the 7th an he had a family emerg..so they rescheduled once again for the 14 an as they were setting up my room i felt the pain but never paid it no mind..but as the guy was putting the spinal block i was goin into labor..since they were worried bout stress on my baby since she was losing weight during my last trimester of pregn they did the c-sect instead..i wish i had done vaginal
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010