What is a good home-based business to get involved in?

I'm considering trying to be an Avon rep. I know there are tons of companies out there I can work for from home, on my own schedule. How do you get paid? How much do you typically make? What are great companies to get involved with? Any help anyone can give would be great. I'm a SAHM looking to make a few bucks, but I have a son in kindergarten (that I need to get on and off the bus!) and a 3 year old at home. My schedule is limited! Help!

MrsT6102

Asked by MrsT6102 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have done a lot of research in the work from home area. Most of what I found were places that you had to pay for information or pay to get a start up kit but then was left with no help to get the business started. Look at my Ehow article for all the companies I found that did not require a start up fee or require you to purchase a book. Hope it helps!!!!!

http://www.ehow.com/how_4532834_legitimate-work-home-job.html
    kleighwickham

Answer by kleighwickham at 10:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I have 3 small children and researched long and hard for a work at home job. I really wanted to contribute to my family and keep my kids with me during the day. So I did lots of research and I found a great career! I recently have come across a home-based business opportunity with no large investment, no inventory and no risk. It is an Inc. 500 manufacturing company. I work from home with a company that manufactures products that we're already buying elsewhere, but they are better, safer & healthier. We just help set up customer accounts and the company pays us to do so. It has benefited our family so much! I never have to leave my house to be successful! If you would like some more information, please feel free to ask me about how I made it happen for my family! I would love to share the information about our company!

http://www.workathomeunited.com/BeAtHome
    or call me at 210.544.5576
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 2:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Hey there! You are about to make one of the best decisions in your life! I have a home business with Ameriplan and I LOVE it because I actually help people SAVE money and MAKE money! We provide a needed service. With the economy the way it is, people are not buying makeup, candles, toys, or other products as much because they are not necessitites and people are cutting back on their spending. Ameriplan is not affected by the economy because we SAVE people money on their dental and medical expenses. I invite you to check out my profile page as there is a lot of info there. Also, ask me lots of questions! I have lots of answers!! Talk to you soon:))
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 2:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I agree with sassyhettel about Ameriplan. I just got started and feel so optimistic about my future. The plans are great. I had not in fact been looking for an at home business when I viewed their benefits. When I saw what they had to offer their customers, I decided this was something I wanted to share with others.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• If you are really considering a home based business, and you want to make money right away, you need to be in one that is in the 2 largest emerging industries...wellness and network marketing. With this economy, no one is spending their money on makeup, tupperware or candles...people these days are into their health and want to earn extra income and fast. The business I am in has been in biz for 3.5 years and has been featured in SUCCESS FROM HOME magazine 3 times in the ENTIRE issues...this is the first co. to rich its first billion dollars in just 3 years...first in the history of the US. it took microsoft 7 years. This is still a ground floor opportunity as 1% of the US has not even heard of it.. a great opportunity is one when not too many people know about it. I would love to share what i do from home around my kids schedules and make really GREAT money. I hope to hear from you soon.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• OOppps... what i meant to say is only less than 1% of the US has heard about it...what does that tell you...that this business is no where close to being saturated.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I was in a situation where I had to make some extra income for a few months to pay off a debt. I couldn’t invest any money to start any of the work at home sites. So I had to search out the free ones. I found some really good ones, and some really bad ones. Now I paid off (almost) the debt but I’m going to keep going with it because I think it can be a really good way to start saving some money. Last month alone, I made over $1600. So, if you’re looking, it’s free, you have nothing to lose, you should go to http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I am personally rather bias... I've tried lots of these and after years of searching I found Ameriplan! I love it! Daily Pay, Free Benefits, Low Start up and overhead (I'll even refund your start up - ask me how), $300 in Free Gas, No Selling or Cold calls, No deliveries, Unlimited Training and Support, 5 websites, a back office and more...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• We've been featured in magazines like Success, Home Business and Simply Home... We've also been featured on 60 minutes with Morley Safer and we are partnered with Nation wide corporations including many Fortune 500 companies like Sears, Target, Walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid, Wal-mart, JCPenny's, K-Mart, Pearl Vision, Publix, Alberton's and many, many more!
    This business gives you the freedom to work from home with your kids and make an unlimited income... Feel free to ask me anything!

Sabrina M Bowen
    www.DailyPayFromHome.com

• I invite you to look at my journals and my profile. We have been around since 1956 and still GROWING. Avon is hard cause everyone does it. We have an array of nutritional, beauty, haircare, you name it. It is 39.95 a year to join. Check it out
    angeleyes31376

Answer by angeleyes31376 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2008