Hubby got a job but....

OMG..i was so excited, its a good job with a great company....money is more than hes made in a long time BUT its going to cost us! After daycare and gas and all he wont be bringing home much at all...but i think we'll be over the mark for the kids to receive medicaid, but DEF wont be making enough to get them insurance through our jobs!!! UGG what to do...do you take the job and have to put your kids in daycare and lose insurance...or wait for another 8 months until im done with school completely....i just dont know exactly what to do! Daycare SUCKS i hate going that route...we dont have any nice ones around here!! :(

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would take it and try my best in that new situation. You want to model hard work to the kids. Make sure hubby knows you are very proud and make sure you explain to the kids that they are going to daycare because it is very good for thier dad to have a job, even if they are little. My daughter is 2 and when hubby comes home she says "You go work Daddy? Good Job!" It is important that they know the value of education and work.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 7:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'd take the job now. It's available, he's making more money, and he will be established while you're finishing school. It will suck for the next 8 months, but in this economy, it's what I'd do.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I agree with the ladies. Take the job. 8 months is a long time to play "wait and see". Good luck,Hon!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'd say keep the job. It is a foot in the door, possible contacts, possible advancement.

Answer by Bmat at 7:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It's hard to tell when another job will come his way.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Take the job, what if there isn't anything available in 8 months? Check around for some in home daycares, I know thats kind of scary but ask friends or family or anyone with kids in the area. Someone may have a great suggestion for you. Good luck.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Good Luck! Take the job! DH lost his 20 months ago.. Its been miserable here! It isn't easy. By chance any day cares, work related? I hope it works out Well!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Take the job
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Take the job...one may not be available in 8 months. Try to find other ways to cut costs and hopefully the time will fly by.
    SherryL

Answer by SherryL at 7:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Thanks ladies....im so proud of him, we both work full time and go to school full time, and have 2 kids under two!! AHHHHHH busy busy busy...but its for the best.....preciate your help!
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2010