Just out of pure curiousity, if you had a grown married son......

That was cheating on his wife (who you thought of as family), would you let him bring the new girl into your home, before the wife even knew about it? My DH has a lying, cheating cousin, who cheated on his wife(of 7 years). She is amazing, IMO. He is almost always gone, on work assignments, and when he comes home, she lets him go on fishing trips and whatever. She went once a week to play BINGO with her MIL, who supposedly loved her like a daughter. I just can't understand. I understand that he's her son, and always stand by your kids, but wouldn't you say something? They are taking the new GF on a trip and the son and wife aren't even legally separated yet. DH and I have already decided to stand by the wife and think his cousin is a dirtbag. So, wouldn't you atleast tell your son what he is doing is wrong and not accept the new GF, atleast until they were legally separated?

JGRIMMER

Asked by JGRIMMER at 7:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• No. I don't condone cheating in any way, shape or form.
    winterrose82

Answer by winterrose82 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• That's a tough one. Maybe there is a good reason the parents are so accepting of this new girl? IDK, I'd want to support my son and make sure he was happy. I'd stay out of the whole mess, it sounds like it's going to get sticky.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I think I would end all contact with the family.... accept that poor wife.

BTW,... I would tell her if I were you!

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I dont care if he is my son or not I would tell him he was doing her wrong and if he didn't tell her he didn't wanna be with her anymore and went behind her back I would tell her myself. I don't belive anyone should cheat and especially for the family to already accept the new gf is bs. But that is my opinion, I have a son and if he ever did that and I found out he would be in deep.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• how can that girl really show her face around his family? i would be too worried everyone would be callling me a homewrecking scuzzy behind my back
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would absolutely stand against an adulteress relative, in fact, my husband and I were the only ones who took a stand when everyone else was being best friends with my BIL's mistress.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• no, it sets you up and a supporter of it all it seems. Be authentic and deal on the up and up is my motto~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 7:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would beat my son's ass!!! My son will be raised better then that and if he makes that decision he better pray mama doesnt ever fine out! So yes I would be on the wifes side.
    Casumael

Answer by Casumael at 7:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• That is just cruel on the mother in laws part,... As well as the girls husband doing that to her.
    I would tell her in a heart beat.
    Yes, I know it would hurt her, but it is best she finds out sooner, than later .
    Otherwise, she will just feel like she is being laughed at behind her back by everyone,
    & that she was let down by everyone!
    catysnanny

Answer by catysnanny at 7:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Wow...I would tell my DIL...what a crappy situation tho
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2010