Why do I feel depressed?

Ever since I fount out I was pregnant I seem more down. Here I am 15,single,and pregnant. I have no idea why I'm feeling this way.

mz.sayy-ruhh

Asked by mz.sayy-ruhh at 7:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you dont? your 15? your body doesnt know how to deal with the strss fo pregnancy yet. if yu can come to cafemom and let us know how depressed you are then its very important that you let your obgyn know too. im not bashing at all but depression is a very common thing in your age group as well as in pregnancy and this may just be a huge double whammy on your still developing body. you may need an antidepresant. sometimes they can even set you up with a support group of other pregnant teens. ask your doctor for help is the bottom line. they can do the most for you.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Thanks.
    mz.sayy-ruhh

Comment by mz.sayy-ruhh (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• definately tell someone its super treatable, the hormones will make it seem worse and you might even feel worse after you have the baby but theres a lot you can do to feel better, i went through postpartum w my son, its ard but you make it through i called as soon as i felt bad the sooner you get help the sooner you feel better
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It's because of your situation. If you were older and had someone there to experience this with you along with support, you would feel this way. There are groups on here, many of them, I would suggest joining them. No point in being down, pregnancy can be a wonderful thing and the outcome is even better. It's gonna be hard but babies aren't easy. I am sure there are teen mom groups on here and single mom groups. Go check it out :) In the meantime, stay positive, things could always be worse.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2010