Help me decide?

I am so undecided on what to do I used to babysit but now that school started I don't believe I want to anymore but I don't want to tell the parents I don't want to anymore I should of said something like earlier in the month but I never thought I would feel this way I just changed my mind. I feel bad bc I heard one of the kids went to a daycare and they cried and cried I felt terrible when I was told this but I really don't want to anymore I guess I am burned out. the child only knew me then again I think of only watching one but then there I go again I don't want to...arg! thanks for listening anyway ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Do what is best for you, just make sure to give them ample time to find other arrangements, doing it for another month isn't going to kill you and that should give them the necessary time to find something else. I'm assuming you don't need the money that brings in?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• you need to do whats best for you. they will completely understand if your now attending school. Or at least i would understand if i were them!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 7:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If you don't like it, it will reflect in the quality of care that you give the kids. I would at least give them time to find alternate child care. 2 weeks to a month at tops.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Do what you want and what works for you. They will be fine.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I felt the same way when I did childcare once upon a time. It took me a couple of months to keep up the courage to let go of the kids in my care. But it was such a relief when I finally did it. And the parents totally understand, they don't want a burned out sitter, so they'll appreciate your honesty.
    chjack123

Answer by chjack123 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Give them some time to find a replacement. You have to do what's right, but if you make a commitment, you have to honor it until they can find someone else.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 7:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010