Yikes, I'm in trouble!! Having a Lucy day

Ok so I was going to make a roast for dinner yesterday but noticed that the meat was 15 days old so decided I'd have to pitch it. I let it set out most of the day but put it bacl n the fridge cus I didn't want it to stink.

Well the hubby informed me when I got home last night that we would have it for dinner toinght since it had been frozen. AND he had cooked it in the crock pot so I would just need to warm it up.

So I'm seriously considering dropping it on the kitchen floor so I can throw it away. Any other ideas Cus I really like my crock pot! :) Ofcourse if I'm going to go through this silly lie I could just hide it and tell him I found the insert at the thrift shop!!
I'm aware how silly this sounds!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would just "tip it over" so it wouldnt break and it would "slide" on the floor. Oops wet hands! But then you would have the mess...
    Casumael

Answer by Casumael at 7:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• What are you going to drop on the floor the roast or the crock pot????
    If the roast was frozen, it does not matter how old it is. I keep meat in my frezer for months and still thaw it out a cook it.
    You want to break the crock pot cause he cooked the meat in it? Clean it out. The roast did not harm it that much.

Answer by louise2 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes it would have been fine if I hadn't let it sit out yesterday. Only put it back in teh fridge so the trash wouldn't smell till I could figure out what to do with it. :)
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• just tell him you thought the meat was bad! he'll get over it..go out to dinner!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It was was frozen it should be fine. They say you can freeze meat for like 3-6mths. So don't dump it or the crockpot and give that hubby of your a big kiss for cooking dinner!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• so, the meat was in the freezer before the date, right? how long was it defrosting for? personally, i would eat it... but eh.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 7:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• wait... I'm confused... was the roast in the freezer for 15 days and then got thawed out (if so it should be fine to eat) or was it in the fridge that long...
    did your husband already cook the roast in the crock pot?
    I'm lost haha
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 7:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If it was Frozen then it would fine to cook- but, i am really funny over something i am not sure about & i trash it- i'm alittle confused with your question but, if you don't think it is O.K., i would just tell him that you Trashed It- Better Safe than Sorry!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• lmao funnny
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 7:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• OOOhhh I see... well, yeah, I wouldn't cook it then. You might "have some splainin to do" then... in true Lucy fashion :) I think he'll get over it quicker than he'd get over salmonella (you can use that line if you want to hahaha)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 8:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010