To work or not to work? That is the question.

Okay, so I just had a baby. She will be two months old when I go back to school in the Fall. I will only have a one hour class in the morning and freakin two hour and forty minute class in the afternoon (on Tuesdays and Thursdays). My husband will also be taking classes. One at 11 30 and one in the evening (also on Tuesdays and Thursdays) from 6 to 8. We set it up this way so that one of us can always be with the baby and wouldn't have to put her in day care or hire a nanny. We really can't afford either nor do we want to do that. I've been awarded work study. I can work only two-three hours a day. Would this be too much or should I get a job? We could use the extra money but i don't want to be away from my baby that much either.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 7:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in

• I would do the work study if you can work around both of your schedules. With doing a work study, you will be able to put it on your resume and a lot of colleges hire people who have done work studies with them after they graduate.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Well I see it this way. No one has ever said, "I wish I would have gone back to work after I had my baby." So I say do the bare minimum of what you need to do so you can be with your baby.
    chjack123

Answer by chjack123 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would go for it. :)
    cricketdawn81

Answer by cricketdawn81 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• it's all up to you if you want to work or not... it's a hard decision, but if it's something you need or want to do, then go for it!
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If you can afford it do the work study and spend as much time with your baby as you can.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 12:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010