Do you use name brand cleaners in your home? Why or why not?

I will never go back to tilex, comet, or windex again after using the products I do now! Do you have an old faithful or a greener, safer product you prefer?

MmaMaMa1203

Asked by MmaMaMa1203 at 7:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Health

• i love lysol products. they are all i use, they smell good and get the job done and kill all those germs.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I use vinegar to clean almost everything. I do use Tilex though for the tile in the showers as they get nice and mildewy sometimes. :)

Oh and Windex for the glass.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• what products do you use?
    I've started using borax as an abrasive cleaning product and also in my laundry because its cheap and it works great and its natural and non-toxic... but I'd like to switch from some of my other cleaning products too.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 7:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I use what I know works, its cheaper and greener that way. I won't be wasting or throwing away extra containers. Besides I live in a very small rural town, therefore we only have one grocery store, a couple hardware stores and a farming product store. Walmart and target are an hour away. So I use what I actually buy here, which is name brand products.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 7:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Lysol, Clorox, Lime Away and greased lightning..
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I stick to Green Works cleaners for the most part, because they smell really good and I like that they're not harsh. But it bugs me to not kill the germs so sometimes I also use diluted bleach or Lysol to top it off.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Pinesol just because I like the smell. But I mostly use vinegar, baking soda and I make my own laundry detergent.
    Oh once a month I use scrubbing bubbles on my tubs, it works best for me.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I use a mixture of Alcohol, ammonia and water to clean pretty much everything and I use bleach to mop my floors and a mixture of vinegar and peroxide to clean my shower and tub.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I make everything myself including Window Cleaner, MultiPurpose Cleaner, Furniture Polish, Laundry Detergent, Fabric Softener and Dishwasher Detergent and Liquid Hand Soap. The only supplies you need to make all of them are: Baking Soda, Washing Soda, Vinegar, Rubbing Alcohol, Borax and bars of Castile Soap and Fels Naptha Laundry Soap, Olive Oil and a Lemon. I haven't bought window cleaner in over 20 years and it only takes $1.49 and 15 minutes to make 256ozs. of laundry detergent that works better than Tide!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Pine Sol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010