How do you tell your husband whom your separated from, that his 8 yr. old daughter doesnt want him to pick her up without starting a fight?

We've been separated and he only calls and comes around when he feels like it which isnt often. Now that summer is over and shes back to school he wants to pick her up from school twice a week and watch her for 2 hours until I get off work. Tuesday was the first day, and it didnt go too well. He took her to his mothers where he hung out with his brother and paid no attention to his daughter. Now she has said to me she's rather her grandpa pick her up(grandpa always picks her up) instead of her dad. I know he's going to be pissed at me so what's the best way to approch this without a fight??

Tays_Mamma

Asked by Tays_Mamma at 7:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• just be honest
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You can talk to him about why she doesn't want him to pick her up. Let him know it would be better if he helped her with homework and hung out with her for awhile instead of ignoring her.
    If he still ignores her after you spoke with him then it won't be a surprise that she'd rather have grandpa get her from now on.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would give him another shot and let him know how she is feeling.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would likely say that is your dad, respect him and let him pick you up. I would tell her to ask him to pay attn to her. I would put a bug in his ear about something she likes to do. I might would say suzy likes that park at the end of town. You know something like that.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Just come out and tell him, and tell him its the best thing for her.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I agree with Melbornj- Tell him how she feels & Give him another chance to make things better- if it doesn't work after that, then you did your part!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2010