How can I lose wieght this way....

I want to change how much I eat instead of what. Will that work? How much is enough?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• you need to change what you eat and how much. That is what will work along with exercise
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 8:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Actually changing just portion control can make a great change in what you weight. My family has always eaten fairly healthy but I have recently changed my husbands portions and he has lost 15 lbs so far. We want to be healthy together. He is not eliminating anything except for large amounts of sugar but a treat every so often is okay.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• what you eat is more important
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You could start by buying yourself smaller plates. I've found that this can make a big difference; with a smaller plate, I eat until the food is gone and then I realize, "Wow, I'm full." I also realize I would have eaten almost twice as much if I had used a bigger plate to begin with!

Also, assuming you eat fruits or veggies (which I hope you do ;-D), try eating those first before any other part of your meal. It can help you cut down on the amount of fattier items that you consume. Good luck!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• The best thing to do is find out your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), which is basically an estimate of how many calories your body burns per day. I like this site…http://www.bmrcalculator.org/, make sure to scroll down the page to see how many more calories you burn through different activity levels.

1 pound of fat equals 3500 calories, so if your BMR says you burn 2000 calories per day and you take in 1500 that day, you will have a deficit of 500 calories for the day. Do that for 7 days in a row and you end up with 3500 calories burned for the week, losing 1 pound of fat.

With that being said, depending on the kind of foods you eat, you could lose weight by not eating as much. But if the food you are eating is already high in calories, you may not get the results you want. Good luck:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• weight loss is still calories in vs calories out. So yes, you can cut our calories by eating less. Foods closest to their natural state typically give you more food for less calories. If you work out alot then definitally pay attention to the carb/protein/fat ratio. The better your nutrition the better your workout.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:28 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• by the way check out www.sparkpeople.com
    natural.mama

• It could make a difference. A serving size is about 1/2 a cup for fruits and veggies, about the size of the palm of your hand for lean protein. I do know someone that ate all the same foods just half the amount and did lose weight.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 4:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• bump and gl momma!!!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:29 AM on Aug. 30, 2010