plz help! :(

i have an in depth ultrasound scheduled in 2 weeks because my babys father has an isolated cleft palate. he didnt have the cleft lip and it was just a tiny hole that was fixed very easily. no one else in his family has it and his mom may have drank and did drugs when he was developing but im not 100 percent sure. ive been looking it up and i cant find anything about the odds of my baby having this or not. can anyone help me?? i had an ultrasound at 14 weeks and just saw the profile...didnt see anything wrong and the tech didnt say anything but it wasnt a good angle and it was probably too early to see anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't have any ideas about this but I wish you luck!
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• wonderful website for possibilities, causes, and dietary needs for a mother whos carrying a child with this disability:

http://www.greenjournal.org/cgi/content/full/110/2/378
    SLVN_Jen

Answer by SLVN_Jen at 2:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i've never heard of it being passed down. i know a few guys who have had it because their mom drank and did drugs, and their baby didn't get it because their wife didn't do any of that stuff
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2008