Am I way out of line?

So we're planning on moving, but right now we are renting to own, and on a one year lease and my mil knows this. We are going to talk to our landlord about all of this, but can't until we have a date to tell him we're moving out by. my mil refuses to answer, so tonight I text her saying dh needs to know by the end of next week so he can talk to our land lord, the reply, well unless he wants to pay the 3000 then he can wait and know when I know, but (nxt txt) you 2 r more than welcome to c me in person if you want more detail. This was very rude in my eyes so i wasn't nice in my reply and stated that it's not my fault her dog wants to bite dd and dh doesn't like that, not to mention that you 2 can't get along for 5 min, sry if that dentures us from wanting family time, I can be rude too. Was I out of line, she really pisses me off! it's not just her life that's involved in this move!

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• If your having this many problems with her alrady about it, maybe you should reconsider moving into that house..I'm assuming you'll be renting from her, right?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i'm somewhat confused but i think your both wrong. i could never talk to my mil like that. i think you just made her dig in her heels more. if she is that kind of person then responding like that isn't going to win her over. thats for sure.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• we're not the ones that said hey ma' you wanna move out so we can take over ur place, no she came to us, said she was moving and she WANTED US to rent it from her for a while until we got a down payment so we didn't have to pay her 800 dollar mortgage! I am not going to get a penalty from my landlord for breaking TWO leases just because she doesn't want us to know until the last minute.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I agree with kimberly.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 8:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, I think you were rude and out of line, I understand why you were, but you always need to bite your tongue when it comes to in laws. It's DH's job to discuss this with her, IMO. That being said, I totally agree iwth kimberlyinberea, don't move into her house, it will be nothing but hell.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• We won't be moving in with her, she's moving out. And i don't want to win her over, we have reached a point where a confrontation will only make us see eye to eye and how things are going to be. He is my husband, and she cannot run his life anymore, we have been married almost 2 years and she still barges into my house like she owns the place and tells us both what to do. DH and mil always fight, and they can't come to terms with anything the other says, so it's no use getting those two to talk. I know I shocked her b/c I normally let dh deal with it, and I know I pissed her off b/c I have gotten no reply. She can deal with it b/c I am sick of dealing w/ the b.s and she can come to respect me and my family or forget about us all together (in dh eyes not mine) I would love to be able to have a peaceful dinner w/ everyone but it hasn't happened yet and never will
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010