christians...how trusting are you?

what if one day you went into church and the preacher was passing out the little grape juices..(i know not all churches do this..but lets use this as an example) and it turned out it was cyanide? jim jones all over again. how can you be so trusting and really know what others are thinking?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Religious Debate

• do you not think those people that died put their faith in "gods" hands?
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• wtf??thats stuped.. u have issues ...by way i dont do that but at my owne church.. if u dont trust em dont go..jmo
    KRIZZ25

Answer by KRIZZ25 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• do you not think people trusted jim jones?
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Not that trusting trust me.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• HUH? Jim Jones followers KNEW they were drinking laced flavor aid- it was a mass suicide by the adults and those too young to give consent were murdered by their own parents that gave them the laced drink. You may want to do some reading on the topic prior to using it as your prime example.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• hot mama..you say not that trusting..but have you never been to a fellowship hall? "what if" there was someone that was so crazy they wanted to take everyone away from all the pain here on earth and take them to God? What If? ..and what if everyone trusted and respected this person..such as they did, jim jones, and this person went and did something the way he did...you NEVER know.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• those kids did not know...and some people did NOT know. His own son admits to it. Also..i'm using it as an example because "what if " there was someone so crazy to do such a thing..how do you know you are not being mislead?
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• How do you know you're not in danger anywhere you go? How do you trust ANYONE?

Seriously, what ifs like this are beyond ridiculous.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• hot mama..you say not that trusting..but have you never been to a fellowship hall?

Not sure (to tired to think sorry) but I have been to services where wine was served I refuse to drink, even the water at the LDS church is a no go for me. I treat church just like parties and bars if it wasn't opened in front of me I don't touch, If I set it down I down pick it back. Reason being there are nut jobs and I know this So if it happened in a church I happened to be in I would survive.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You never know if some crazy person is going to gun your child down at school, you never know if some drunk is going to hit you head on, you never know if your spouse will try and put a hit out on you... all of these things HAVE happened and yet we continue to go to school, drive cars and get married. Heck, the lady at the supermarket handing out free samples could poison you. I am not following how this line of reasoning at all-is it another "Christians follow blindly and they are the only ones that do" post? I know that being anti-Christian is very fashionable these days on CM-there have been some great posts that point out the low points and extremes-there are have been some that just stretch to be edgy and this is one of them.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010