why do children find being as loud as they can so funny?

both of my kids find screaming for no reason the funniest thing that they can possibly do, why?

mickey25

Asked by mickey25 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Because...IDK...I would like to know too. Maybe it's because it gets a reaction?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Probably because they know it make you mad. Didn't you know mom's mad face is hilarious? :)

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Because they can and it gets under your skin
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• probably to get a reaction or just for the fun of screaming loud. It is kinda fun. have you tried it recently? Join them next time.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Well my teens do this too, and they are really crazy loud. Because they are bigger it is that much louder.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• with mine i think he likes the sound of his own voice - he's 14 months old :)
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I also think its for the reaction they get my 2 and 4 yr old do it and it drives me crazy. Sometimes if I dont respond they quit after a minute, the more I respond to what their doing the longer they do it.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Try having a screaming contest, or better yet scream with them. But its just one of those things just about every kid does, and the ones that don't I think are weird LOL. It does get bothersome at times, but just go in the other room. Right now my 17 month old is discovering his voice and this is his favorite part of it.....screaming. He does it when he wants something he does it when he wants you to move or he can't see past you he does it when you aren't paying attention to him. What we've done with all of my kids when they don't stop is shove your finger in their mouth and press down their tongue. With 3 kids I've only been bit once LOL Don't gag them or anything, but they need their tongue to scream and if its pressed down they can't. They don't like it very much but it usually gets the point across LOL
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 8:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Victoria does it because she knows it will get a reaction out of her daddy and me. When I have had enough of her being so loud and screaming, I will look at her and just all of a sudden start talking really loud to her or screaming with her, if she is screaming. She looks at me like I am nuts
    victoriamom2007

Answer by victoriamom2007 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2010