who makes and feeds homemade baby food? if your one is it cheaper?

i found a web site that states homemade baby food is cheaper .. do you make it, if so is it cheaper or just a head ache???

country_mystyle

Asked by country_mystyle at 2:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did. It's actually really easy if you have a blender. You just blend what ever it is your feeding them until it's the right consistency. I didn't think it was a head ache at all, I didn't can the baby food, I just fed it to them as they needed it.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It is not difficult, and is cheaper, not to mention you know what kind of quality your baby is getting!
    Anonymous

• I did the same as Lornamay. If it was pureeable I fed it to the kids when they were babies.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• as my baby got older I pureed everthing we ate for him. at first I only did veggies and fruit. if it is too thick thin with formula.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 3:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Homemade is less expensive and has much more flavor and nutrition than jarred from the store. I usually pureed whatever veggie we were having that night in the blender. If there was extra, I pureed those and froze in ice cube trays, on nights when we were not having a veggie that was easy to puree I could defrost a one cube serving and feed baby that instead. Eventually you can leave more and more texture to it until they are eating foods in the same form as the rest of the family.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I did this for awhile, but it ended up to be a huge pain, and more dishes. For us, it was easier, and not that expensive to buy organic baby food. We started veggies and fruits at 6 months and only used baby food until they were 10 1/2 months. After that, they just ate whatever we ate. They were super independent and liked to feed themselves.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i agree with twin mommy... to much of a hassle. and you cant have spices in the food or anything...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Do you need to add anything to it at all? For instance, just puree green beans and put them in an ice cube tray? Sorry if this is a stupid question, lol.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I did with my first daughter. I bought a baby food processer at WalMart. I used to use fresh veges and fruits from my garden. If not available then I would buy fresh veges and fruits that were in season, if not then I would used frozen. I would steam them, freeze them in ice cube trays, put them in labeled freezer bags seperately. I would plan what I was feeding her and take it out in advance the night before so it could defrost. This worked well with her. For my second and third children I just did not have the time. I used to buy them organic baby food instead.
    jlemaycox

Answer by jlemaycox at 7:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I save $20 a month. And I can make my son what we are having minus some things. It is cheep easy, very easy to clean up, and fun. It is a good option for my family.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 9:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008