Is it to late to still suffer from postpartum if your child is 7 months?

i am a mom to a 7 months old beautiful baby boy but it just seems like im always sad how do i get happier i don't like being like this

M0mmie_2_him

Asked by M0mmie_2_him at 8:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Technically, PPD can hit anytime until the first birthday, but I think even longer because everyone is different, and all hormones take different amounts of time to get back into whack!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If you've been sad for 7 months straight then no. If this is new,it isn't PPD

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would talk to your doctor. You can either try therapy, anti-depressants or both. I don't think there is a time-limit on PPD.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Not at all. Talk to your doctor.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It takes about 2 yrs for you to get back to normal so it's absolutely possible
    cricketdawn81

Answer by cricketdawn81 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I agree that it is any time in the first year, it is considered PPD, after that it is labeled depression.

Either way you need to talk to your doctor about it. Until you can get in to see the doc, you can start taking a Vitamin B Complex, the sub-lingual one is the easiest. Also getting 20 minutes of exercise is a must. Just a walk around the block will do wonders for your mental health and your baby will like it too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I didn't get help with mine till last wk and i have a 3mnth old and a 1yr old. So no i dont think it's to late go to your doc and talk to him ab it. Im using pristiq and i really like it so far. I've been noticing a lot of differences and improvements.
    nicole341

Answer by nicole341 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Have you been sad for 7 months? Or recent?
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Its started when he was 2 months. But its like when he smiles i feel better then a mintue later i feel the same way all over again and i suffered from depresion before so i don't know what to do anymore.
    M0mmie_2_him

Comment by M0mmie_2_him (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2010