SO U WONT PUT EXPESENSIVE TENNIS SHOES ON YOUR KIDS

Ok i heard a lady arguing today qith her 3 kids..she said wouldnt waste her money on anything other than payless or walmart for any of her kids..cause the price was to high for her..
if they want exspensive shoes such as Micheal Jordans,Kobe Bryant,Nike,etc..they better be looking for a job so they can buy them with their own money..

just wondering how many of u feel the same way..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't feel the same way
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• For teens,yes. The most we've spent on athletic shoes for our son was $25. He goes through 2 or 3 pair a year!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• my parents put it this way.....you could spend 10-20 a pair for payless/walmart shoes and have to buy 2-3 pairs a year because they ware out, or you could spend 60-80 for a pair of Vans or whatever higher end/expensive shoes....once a year. So either way your spending the same amount.
    If it's for "fashion"....I'm not going to buy my kids shoes that they don't want to actually USE.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I do. She goes up a size in shoes 2-4 times a year. I don't buy expensive ones for myself either. And when she's older and stays the same size for a while she'll still get the cheap ones unless she wants to use her own money to make up the difference. I refuse to pay out the butt just for a name.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• There is no reason to spend that much money on kids in Elementary school who are still growing and can go through a couple shoe sizes a year. Once they are in high school and not growing anymore I could see it, but not with as young as my kids are.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I don't buy Walmart, but I don't buy $200 shoes either.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Pretty much how I feel. I wouldn't have said it to them quite like that, but I can't afford to be buying expensive shoes for them 2 or 3 times a year. If, as they get older, they want more expensive things like that I'll give them the money I'd have spent and they can supplement it with their own money. Right now they are growing so quickly that I buy shoes at back to school time and they need new ones (bigger ones) by spring time.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I agree only because I personally have had both for myself and my children and they all do the same damn thing. ESPECIALLY with kids who go through shoes and clothes so fast because they grow so much. Why spend a ton of money on shoes and clothes when they wear them for a season if you are lucky? And I'm not just talking about baby clothes but my kids grow fast, I'm just glad I have all boys, I just keep recycling them. Times are too hard to shell out money for stuff that doesn't matter where it came from as long as it serves its purpose. And seriously if there is any fashion sense, you can look like a million bucks in stuff from the goodwill....I'm just sayin' LOL
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 8:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I HAVE bought expensive shoes for my kids when I can afford it. As my son got older and his shoes became more expensive and then I had more kids, mor money responsibilities...yes..I can relate to what that woman was saying.
    Kids are hard on shoes. I don't care if you spend $10 or $80 on a pair of shoes..2-3 months they will need a new pair. THe older kids use there shoes as breaks for their bicycles.They skid to a halt on thier skateboards..with thier shoes.They do so many things to these shoes, its amazing they even last a week! LOL
    For my 10 yr old I spend $40 on his shoes for school..namebrand. BUT he keeps his old shoes to play in. He has to change shoes when he gets home. We spent $54 on my dh's 14 yr old sons shoes..namebrand as well..that boy KILLS his shoes..I dont know what the heck he does in them, but I'm telling you , in a week..he'll come over and they'll be tore up!Serious..its bad!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I do and plan to continue through out my son's life i think name brand shoes have better quality for me it has nothing to do with fashion...when i was growing up as long as i keep my grades up my mom would reward me with reasonable things like name brand shoes and money
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 8:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010