does anyone worry about there toddler hurting the baby inside you by being too rough?

my daughter will run up to me sometimes and just hit my stomach with her head really hard cuz she will hug me or she will just out of the blue jump on my stomach i have to be really careful with her and hurting the baby anyone else worry?

babykins362003

Asked by babykins362003 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oh goodness. My boyfriend has a little nephew who loves to play rough and when I had first gotten pregnant, he dropped kicked me in the stomach from the top of the couch. Let's just say we didn't play too much after that.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 3:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my son (about 7 months) I was laying on the couch and the little boy my mom babysat came and jumped straight onto my stomach and it didn't hurt me or him. When I was 5 months pregnant I was fussing with my very hard headed 3 y.o (the one who got jumped on) and he kicked me and it didn't hurt the baby.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I had this problem with my 2 yr old stepson in the beginning. I am 25 wks now. I explained to him that I had a baby in my belly and he needed to be careful. Had a few slip ups since then but as soon as it happens he looks at me and says "Im sorry is the baby ok" and then there are no more problems for the weekend!! Maybe this will help! I also play with him in the floor and put a pillow by my belly!!
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I worried about that all the time. My toddler likes to be really rough. But my younger son was born full term, completely healthy.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I got a couple good belly kicks from my daughter while carrying her while I was pregnant. Your baby is very well cushioned and protected by amniotic fluid. Do encourage your daughter to be gentle because there is a baby in your belly.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My son loved to torment the baby in the belly... He was almost three and he was head to belly height when standing... he would run full tilt and head butt the belly all of the time. I would get frustrated but bringing more attention to the baby seemed to make hime more aggitated, so I simply got better at stopping him prior to impact...lol
    jencrazywith2

Answer by jencrazywith2 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 10, 2008