are these ok for christmas gifts

Ok so this yr I am trying to find ways of getting things for christmas without breaking the bank.And here are a few things I thought of, and was wondering what your thoughts are .Are they ok as gifts?

A homemade coloring book.I found some really nice sites with great coloring pages.

HomeMade silly putty, mde together with the kids on Christmas Eve. I also thought of making a very large batch of this and dividing it up into smaller portions to give as gifts to my sunday school class.

We have a christmas eve tradition of getting a new set of pjs and a stuffed toy.I found a 2nd hand store close by where everything is a buck.And there is also a free clothes closet close by that is open to everyone.I thought I would check out both places to try and find something for each girl there.

do these sound ok so far? i have a few more ideas, but these are the ones i wonder if they are ok.

Gods_Girl1979

Asked by Gods_Girl1979 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• sounds good!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I think that sounds like a great idea and were starting the tradition this yr with the pajamas on christmas eve. Its a new tradiotion for me and my kids since daddy is out of the picture. I go to walmart on black friday to get the jammies cause there like half price.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sound like great ideas to me!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Great Ideas!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i think the homemade silly putty is a really cute idea. the coloring books are cute too. The only think I wouldn't personally do would be the stuffed animals because you can't really wash them without them losing their shape. But the pajamas sound fine. You could fold them up and tie them with a ribbon. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i have wondered about the stuffed animal thing, germs and all. maybe spraying them down with disinfectant??
    Gods_Girl1979

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sounds good. I gave the kids in my class homemade playdough last year. I packed it in baby food jars (I painted the lids and added a homemade label). I've also made homemade crayons - melt crayon stubs and pour melted wax into silicone molds. You can make swirly crayons if you like, I made one of each basic color and a special swirly crayon for each child and packed them with small coloring books from dollar tree.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have done most of these with the exception of the used stuffed toys. I never knew about the PJ tradition until a few years ago so I have started that one. I have made PJ's for all of our grandkids before too.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2010