HATE BEING PREGNANT

Before being pregnant I was a very in demand personal trainer, fitness/figure competitor. I had a lot of friends, was a social butterfly, and was always doing something.
I also met an amazing man that I fell in love with.... we did EVERYTHING together. I am now pregnant with twins and very limited on what I am able to do. Even though I look forward to being a mom I HATE being pregnant. I hate my body, I hate not working, I hate pregnant sex, I hate not being able to go out and dance, etc... basically other than looking forward to seeing my beautiful babies I HATE BEING PREGNANT.. Thank god I only have 2 months left.. it's so bad to the point I cry constantly and my relationship is starting to feel more like a bore... Has anyone ever fealt this way and did it ever get better? Everyone I know who has kids said they LOVED being pregnant. I'm so worried

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 8:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I loved it. But it's normal not to love it. Towards the end I got annoyed and impatient though. idk if you have other children, but enjoy this time. Enjoy the quiet. :]
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I think your focusing too much on what you cant do rather then the amazing thing your body is doing. I too am pregnant with twins and am only at 18 weeks and am already having the back aches and constantly being tired but in the long run tens months is nothing compared to the lives your bringing into this world. I think you might need to find a hobby that you can do just to get your mind off of your restrictions. It will all work out and you will be fine it just sucks to be uncomfortable and huge and to nt feel desirable but to your man your the most beautiful woman in the world bc you have his twins inside of you. You will be able to go back to everything you used to just just think you get to work out twice as hard to get your body back s you can make up for lost time:-) hang in there chicka!!!
    lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• *ten months
    lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It's normal to hate being pregnant...whether it's your actual feelings or hormones doesn't matter. I know I feel that way sometimes... However, if it's REALLY bothering you, maybe you should go see a pregnancy counsellor. They specialize in these kinds of things, and they just want to help you.

Just hang in there, and good luck!
    StephenieBryant

Answer by StephenieBryant at 9:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• gosh no..i hated pregnancy..and everyone around me hated it/me,too! nothing about being pregnant was good for me..even though i had a 'textbook' pregnancy, with no real problems...boy, my mental state went wacko! i had lots of indigestion, everyday, all day..and that did not help my moods one bit. i am short, and the baby/belly just got in the way of everything--imagine trying to shampoo/rinse a client at the shampoo bowl, with a huge immovable stomach..my arms didn't grow any length, let me tell you! i can laugh about it now, but at the time, i hate every minute.
    i was sooooo relieved when the doctor took me off my feet at 38wks..i was ready to walk/run/sex that baby out! but, i was on constant bedrest at that time, so i couldn't do much.i was in misery.
    all that said..you are not alone. and don't feel bad. it will all be worth it once it's over. trust me. and hey, you're body will bounce back a lot better than most, prob.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I remember, when preganant with my first and having no end of difficuties, I HATED being pregnant. After all was said and done, I was so glad to finally have had her and to be done with the pregnancy. Things were much better with my second pregnancy and I enjoyed it much more. Hang in there. Have some patience with yourself. You will be alright.
    KiraSaucedo

Answer by KiraSaucedo at 9:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I didn't like being pregnant EITHER! UGH! Trust me, there are those of us out there ;-) But bless your heart, you're carrying two, and towards the end you are just ready for baby/babies. If you think you are really feeling depressed and just miserable daily, I'd tell the OB and see what options are available. As far as just feeling down and "blah," take advantage of the downtime and do things that will make this time more enjoyable - rent a season of a favorite show, meet friends for lunch, read books, go on walks (if you're up to it) with dad-to-be, and ask him to rub your back while you eat something you enjoy. There are some great DVD's for exercising while preggers (I had a pilates one that was great). Things will get better - and the 6pk abs do come back!! Message me if you like.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I know you exactly what you mean
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Blah blah blah. Stop listening to moms who loved been pregnant! I hated everyday of my first pregnancy. I wasn't fit and didn't have a professional job, but I was bartending in a busy resort area and having the time of my life. My boyfriend (now husband) and I decided to try to have a baby, but as soon as I got pregnant it was bye-bye to bartending, after work drink/conversation with various travelers, my figure, my clothes, hot tubs and caffine. I felt like my life was the only one that had to change while everyone else went ahead without me. Guys at the bar would redicule my size asking if I was having twins if I said I was only 5 months along (I was not having twins, just got big fast). I was hot, fat, and uncomfortable. My boyfriend didn't know how to handle it so he would hide at the bar. After I had the baby I would still go though bouts of hate when relatives, friends would expect me to be up and ready. (cont)
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I don't like being pregnant either. You are not alone. Just keep reminding yourself, it won't last for forever and these days will soon be a distant memory...and you might even be tempted to do it again! LOL
    Good Luck and hang in there!
    Congrats on the twins!!! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010