Do you bathe with your child?

I've heard about women bathing with their babies before, and I wanted to know if it was something you've ever done, and why.

StephenieBryant

Asked by StephenieBryant at 8:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Yes with both my kids I have. But they were/ are little. Why? Because I wanted too, it was easier, and why not? I made them after all. It wouldn't be my first time being naked around these little people. =)
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I did once or twice when he was real little.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yep. It is so much easier to bathe with them. I still sometimes put my 18 m/o daughter in the shower with her dad, she loves the shower. He holds her.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I always bathe with my son - we have a big tub, and I have a bad back so it's much easier for me to wash him when I am sitting in there with him as opposed to leaning over the side. And when I shower, he comes in with me maybe half the time. Sometimes just to play, sometimes to get clean. He also showers and bathes with my husband, if he is the one doing the bathing. We have no issues with nudity in our house, obviously lol. DS is 19 months old.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, I shower with her. Though there are days when I just want a nice hot shower, so I bathe her first and let her play and then I give her to my husband to dry off so I can cook myself :) But

Why? It's just easier, saves water, and keeps her happy and I get to have a shower after she was no longer content to watch. I can also shower secure in the knowledge that she's right there and can't get into distress or trouble.

Our tub is small so I don't usually bathe. But I have when she was scared at first. It reassured her. She's never peed or pooped in the water.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I did take baths with my ds! It was easier to bathe him that way while we were in trasition between infant bath and the regular tub. I would hand him off to dh to dry off while I showered. I always enjoyed the baths with him, it was a good time to bond. The only down fall is my ds is breastfeed and would sometimes think bathtime was an all you could eat buffet, so those nights bath time took way longer!
    new_mom_in_2010

Answer by new_mom_in_2010 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• LOL my baby enjoys a nurse in the shower/bath too :P She even tries to latch if I'm bent over and drying off my legs. LOL
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I take baths with my 8 mo old dd. It's easier and she loves playing in the tub. It's a nice way for us to get some one on one cuddle/play time. And I don't have to worry about her being slippery and wiggling around when I'm in there with her. As opposed to trying to lean over the tub and hold on to her.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I do with my 11mth old dd. Its an easy way to get us both clean & dont strain the back. Plus it would comfort both of us and was like an indoor pool lol. Shes a water baby
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i do, matter of fact me, dd, and ds took a bath together like 3 days ago. its easier and they enjoy having mommy in the tub to play with them.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 1:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2010