HELP HELP PREGNANT AND CRAVING TO DRINK CLOROX!!!

omg am pregnant and am like craving to drink clorox its like i love the smell i can't take the urge to drink it i know that will harm me and my baby but i can't even sleep craving for clorox what should i do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• See your doc ASAP! That's pica.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• First DON'T DRINK IT !!!! Second talk to your Dr and see if you are deficient in something, simple labs may be able to help.. Strange cravings are normal in pregnancy but this is one that can be dangerous. Oh and just in case, get rid of the clorox until the cravings go away.. Makes it less likely to harm yourself if it is not there.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Absoutely, get to your OB immediately. Have them run blood tests to see what it is you are deficient in.
    KiraSaucedo

Answer by KiraSaucedo at 9:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Oh goodness, that's awful. I'm sorry! The company shouldn't make different scents...I'm sure it makes it worse. I love the Lavender scent.
    careph

Answer by careph at 9:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Definitely Pica. I craved raw pork. Never actually ate it , but boy did I want to. I was anemic. You are definitely anemic in something too. Your doc will be able to help you.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yep! PICA. Call your doc ASAP your body is missing something vital.- but don't freak out. It's really ok, just a great big warning signal.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, it's pica ... your body is lacking in something. You need to call your doctor.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• maybe you should just swish some mouthwash around in your mouth...i
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I never heard that before but I learned something new here by reading these other posts about pica. Well, if they say it could be a deficiency of some kind hopefully the doctor you are seeing regularly has you on some kind of multi-vitamin to counteract a possible deficiency of some kind.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Gosh that should have said "you are definitely deficient in something too" Sometimes my brain and my fingers don't sync up. =P *smacks forehead*
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2010