How can i get my son to listen to me.my son is getting into everything!!! He is 13 months and everytime i tell him no he laughs at me .:( any suggestions???

JayBearsmomma

Asked by JayBearsmomma at 11:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Re direct him - move him away. Say no with a firm voice and DO NOT laugh when he laughs. This is a heavy mommy time in his life - you have to be on top of it all. Be firm and consistent and keep moving him out of things that are NO - make sure your NO means NO and he will get it!
    momothree5

Answer by momothree5 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Repeat, repeat, repeat. By the time he is 18 months, he should have a good grasp of what you mean by "No", "Danger", and "Stop". He still won't always listen but at least he'll begin to understand.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I say it over over over over and over again to my 17 month old daughter. she has a problem with taking the DVDS out the cases and throwing everywhere. I give her toys but she tells me"no way"! he will eventually start understanding and getting that you mean no.
    mommy-in-pink

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 12:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• when you come up with a solution that works.. let me know.. lol
    shenae704

Answer by shenae704 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• They'll never stop laughing at you. Just wait till he starts telling you NO, then you'll know he understands :-) I was forever re-baby/toddler proofing my house by barracading things she just wouldn't leave alone. Those rubbermaid tubs worked wonders until she started climbing on top of them.  Right now they just think your playing
    Jesstsilly

Answer by Jesstsilly at 9:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2008